SpiritState Terms of Service
The following Terms of Service govern our relationship with users and others who interact with SpiritState. By using or accessing SpiritState, you agree to these Terms of Service:
II. "Be Nice" Pledge
SpiritState is a community of shared interest. However, not everyone will agree on every book or point of view. Please use your heart to guide your actions on the platform and give people the benefit of the doubt. We want to create a civil and friendly community across all sections of the platform.
II. Sharing Your Content and Information
You can control how the content you create it is shared through your Preferences Settings in the My Account section. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property (IP) rights, like photos and written notes ("IP content"), by posting these, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with SpiritState ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content, or your account, unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you publish content or information, and your privacy setting in My Account section is set to "everyone," it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of SpiritState, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions to help SpiritState better serve you, and you understand that we may use your suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep SpiritState a safe and nice environment, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following behaviors:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on SpiritState.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access SpiritState, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on SpiritState.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use SpiritState to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of SpiritState, such as a denial of service attack.
V. Registration and Account Security
SpiritState users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on SpiritState, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal profile.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use SpiritState if you are under 13.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, or let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
If you make a payment on SpiritState or use SpiritState Gift Certificates, you agree to our Payments Terms.
If you violate the letter or spirit of our Terms of Service, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of SpiritState to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute ("claim") you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or SpiritState exclusively in a state or federal court located in Hennepin County, Minnesota . The laws of the State of Minnesota will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Hennepin County, Minnesota for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on SpiritState, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- By "SpiritState" we mean the features and services we make available through our website at SpiritState.com.
- By "content" we mean anything you post on SpiritState.
- By "post" we mean post on SpiritState or otherwise make available to us.
- By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into SpiritState at least once in the previous 30 days.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Terms of Service Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing SpiritState.
We hope you enjoy your experience of SpiritState and that you make it one of your "homes" on the web. We value your input, so if there's anything we can do to make your experience better or more fulfilling, please contact us. Thank you and happy journeys.
Date of Last Revision: February 16, 2011