1) Your PROFILEYour Profile consists of your personal information that informs other users as to your background, interests, what you're reading, who your friends are, etc. It is your personality on the SpiritState site, and you have control over how much or how little you share. There are defaults that the site has developed to help people balance privacy with sharing, but some users might prefer to share more openly or be more selective in how much they disclose on the site. This is a personal decision, and in this section, we try to help you choose wisely. In basic terms we have a "share responsibly" policy. We recommend sharing your Profile with members of the SpiritState platform so other members can find you and you can develop friendships with other members and help contribute to the ongoing expansion of the site and its content.
2) Your FRIENDSYour Friends are those who have seen your Profile and decided to "Be-friend" you, or have accepted your friend request. If you allow friend requests this enables other members to reach out to you and invite your friendship. Sometimes, users will want to take a break from developing new friends so they may elect to turn this feature off. You can choose to have your friends visible in your public profile so others can see who your friends are.
3) Your STATSYour Stats are informative to other members who are interested in seeing how active you are on the SpiritState platform. Some members may use this information to determine whether to "Be-friend" you or not. We recommend sharing your stats with members of the SpiritState community. When you share with "everyone" you are including those who find your profile through a Google search and are not members of the SpiritState community.
4) Your MAP LOCATIONYour Map Location is based on your IP address by default. This provides an approximate location, roughly a 5-mile radius of your location, but can be significantly less accurate in some areas. If you want it to be precise you will need to provide your street address in the Geolocation tab of the Profile. The advantage of sharing your location with members is that they can locate potential friends that live in their same city on the ReaderMap. This makes it much easier to connect locally if you have an interest in study groups or would like to have a chat at the local coffee shop with someone who shares your interest in the books of SpiritState.
5) Your BOOKSThe books that you're reading can be shared so other members can see what you're reading and how far you are in a particular book. It helps members to connect. You can share your notes that you've taken as well as your bookmarks. You chapter comments are automatically shared with members.
What information do we collect?1. We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form in your Profile.
What do we use your information for?Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
How do we protect your information?
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Terms of ServicePlease also visit our Terms of Service section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.